Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss digital printing.
What is digital printing?
Digital printing replaces metal plates and oil-based litho inks with laser-written electrostatically charged drums. Our digital presses use food safe inks.
The image can change with every revolution of the printing units, which means we can offer cost effective solutions for small runs of collated books and cards which would be too expensive to print litho. Our state-of-the-art KM C6100 digital press prints in mono or CMYK colour.
The largest sheet printing size for our digital presses is 483mm x 330mm. The largest printable area is 474mm x 319mm, or a bit larger than A3. So we can comfortably print two A4 or 4 A5 pages, including artwork bleeds and trim area.
You can send artwork to us by email up to around 5mb file size, upload through our WeTransfer channel for larger files, or deliver in person.
We ask that you provide us with native artwork, such as an InDesign packaged file with fonts and linked images, so that we can make adjustments or amendments if needed. A PDF is useful as a reference.
Before you send artwork files, please quickly run through the following checklist:
- Have you included all the image files?
- Have you added (3mm) bleeds at page edges?
- For four process colour printing, have you set up colours as CMYK rather than RGB?
- Is the artwork created with the right number of colours?
- Are the images at a high enough resolution to reproduce well (minimum 300 dpi)?
- Have you made sure to include either a dummy copy or a pdf visual so that we can see what should be included and how it folds or backs up?
- If you intend to supply artwork as PDF files only, then you must have some experience of creating artwork for print, and we strongly recommend using Acrobat Distiller rather than saving directly from (for example) Indesign or Illustrator.
If you’re not sure about settings or how to supply artwork, please get in touch.
Our digital presses use a four colour CMYK process to achieve an incredible range of colours.
Our digital presses can take a wide range of coated and uncoated stocks, up to 350gsm. We have a wide range of of bespoke digital papers from all UK and European suppliers, including full creative ranges from GF Smith, Fedrigioni and ArjoWiggins.