Send artwork to Calverts
While we encourage clients to drop in with their artwork you can, if you prefer, upload artwork through our We Transfer channel: https://calverts.wetransfer.com/
Before sending artwork files to Calverts for printing, we ask that you quickly run through the following checklist - NB: we prefer original (packaged Indesign) artwork files rather than pdf:
- Have you included all the image files?
- Have you added (3mm) bleeds at page edges?
- For four process colour printing, have you set up colours as CMYK rather than RGB?
- Is the artwork created with the right number of colours and have you specified relevant pantone numbers and kept the naming of them consistent throughout? (eg: don’t use 305C and 305 CVC and 305U – just use one!)
- Are the images at a high enough resolution to reproduce well (minimum 300 dpi)?
- When sending the artwork to us, have you made sure to include either a dummy copy or a pdf visual so that we can see what should be included and how it folds or backs up? If you do not supply this there will be an additional charge of £45 for us to identify any potential problems and output lasers
- Please note if you intend to supply artwork as pdf files then you must have some experience of creating artwork for print and we strongly recommend using Acrobat Distiller rather than saving directly from for example, Indesign or Illustrator.
- If you are unsure as to the settings then please either get in touch with us or check the following web sites -
How to create a PDF file in Publisher, or How to create Adobe PDF files for Print (PDF, 2mb). Starting from scratch? Learn how to correctly set up Indesign files for print - includes spot colour, bleed, etc.
NB: Artwork files which are not supplied correctly or re-sent after proofing may incur extra charges.